Friday, May 1, 2009

FEBRUARY 1918 - MALARIA

Thursday 7th

Made a start this morning for Songea so said farewell to The Cliffs. I tried to walk but could not do much in that line. When we reached camp I had a fever on me again.

Friday 8th

Not much better but made a start. Had to do nearly all the journey in a Mishilla. Got caught in a storm & I got soaked.

Saturday 9th

Still feeling pretty rotten.

Sunday 10th

Shall be glad when we reach Songea. I don't feel up to much.

Monday 11th

Arrived Songea about 3 P.M. What a stroll to finish with. Admitted into hospital with malaria.

Tuesday 12th

Feeling better today.

Wednesday 13th

Up again today.

Thursday 14th

I am up but am not feeling any to ground. Later temperature going up so go to bed.

Friday 15th

Temperature going up so stay in bed. Things are looking back. Here that I have got Enteric. Wind up.

Saturday 16th

Still feeling very bad & awfully weak. They start putting injections into me.

Sunday 17th

No better. Orders that I must not sit up in bed at all nor leave it.

Monday 18th

No better. Net

Tuesday 19th

No better.

Wednesday 20th

No better. Can't smoke, can't read, can't eat.

Sunday 24th

Beginning to feel a little better. Hope the worst is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment